RULES OF THE 2018 GOLDEN BOAT – CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION
The 2018 GOLDEN BOAT– CHOREOGRAPHY
Competition is organised in the frameworks of the 8th International Festival of Youth Creativity FOLK INSPIRATIONS held in Łódź and Zalecze Wielkie from the 23th until the 30th June 2018. It is addressed to young artists, member of dance groups and ensembles, inspired by folklore and ethnic culture of various nations of the world.
1. Organisers of the competition.
Julian Tuwim Youth Centre in Lodz
CONVIVO Foundation for Promotion and Support of Creativity
2. Aims of the competition.
a) To inspire young dancers to create traditional and contemporary stage presentations based on folklore and traditions of various nations and ethnic groups of the world.
b) To encourage creative involvement of participants in festival activities.
3. Participants of the competition.
The participants of the competition are children, youth and adults – according to age categories.
4. Age categories and types of the competition:
1) choreography group competition
a. folklore dance,
b. modern dance inspired by folklore or ethnic music.
Category I: ages up to 11; Category II: ages 12–16; Category III: ages 17–26.
5. Competition presentations.
1) Choreography presentations can be folkloric, inspired by folklore or ethnic elements. Purely folkloric form is not required. A short description of the presentation should be given in the 2018 GOLDEN BOAT – CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION – REGISTRATION FORM.
2) The group may not have fewer than 4 pairs and more than 12 pairs.
3) The group presents two choreographies, each lasting max. 3 minutes, on the stage 15 m wide x 10 m long.
4) The repertoire given in the REGISTRATION FORM are not subject to change.
5) Music files in WAVE or MP3 formats need to be handed to the acoustician on the day of competition auditions prior to the presentation on a CD (labelled) or a flash disc. The CD should be labelled with the name of soloist / group and the title of the music path in national language (Latin transcription) and in English.
6) The group is classified to a given age category based on the ages of the majority of the members. This condition does not apply to the accompanying instrumental group which may include adults. Participants are required to have valid student identity cards or other identity documents.
6. Presentation assessment.
1) The choreography presentation will be assessed by the Jury according to the following criteria:
Selection of repertoire, adjusted to the topic and rules of the competition, the age and the abilities of the participants
General artistic expression
2) Choreography presentations will be assessed on 27th June 2018 by the jury and will take place on the stage of “DOM” Theatre in Lodz, Piotrkowska 243 street.
3) The sequence of the of presentation will be known until 18th June 2018. This information will be available on our webpage-www.folkoweinpiracje.pl.
4) The winners will be awarded the GOLDEN, SILVER and BRONZE BOATS, prizes and diplomas.
7. Other provisions of the competition
1) The chosen winners of the competition will perform in the final gala concert following the information from the organisers. The organiser will inform the winners about the participation in the concert and its place and will determine the repertoire. The gala concert rehearsal is just a technical one (stage setup, entry and exit, technical conditions).
2) The participants are required to be have all due rights to the presented program (text, music, choreography). Registration for the competition is equivalent to a declaration that the presentation does not infringe the copyrights of third parties.
3) The organisers reserve the right to: merge competition categories depending on the number of registrations, make changes to the schedule of competition auditions, settle the issues not covered by these rules and have the last word with regard to interpretation of these competition rules.
4) The organisers reserve the right to free exploitation of competition presentations for the purpose of promotion in mass media and festival materials.
5) All questions concerning the competition should be addressed to the festival office: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Registration for the competition
1) The group participating in the competition is required to register at www.folkoweinspiracje.pl by filling in the electronic FESTIVAL REGISTRATION FORM and choosing the 2018 GOLDEN BOAT – CHOREOGRAPHY COMPETITION . Submitting the electronic registration form is equivalent to accepting the rules of the competition and the rules of the festival. Online registration will be open from the 10th April 2018 until the 10th June 2018 inclusive. After that date registrations will not be accepted.
2) The group is required to pay the competition fee of 150 PLN (35 EUR) for a group. Payment should be done to the bank account of FUNDACJA PROMOCJI I WSPIERANIA TWORCZOSCI CONVIVO, address: 90-106 Lodz, Traugutta 5/5, account no Bank BZWBK 79 1090 2705 0000 0001 1024 6980. The transfer should specify the name of the group and type of competition. The payment may also be done in the Festival Office during the festival.