RULES OF THE
2018 GOLDEN BOAT – VIDEO COMPETITION
The 2018 GOLDEN BOAT– VIDEO Competition is organised in the frameworks of the 8th International Festival of Youth Creativity FOLK INSPIRATIONS held in Lodz and ZALECZE WIELKIE from the 23th until the 30th June 2018. It is addressed to passionate short films lovers who will get inspired during the festival by the richness of cultural traditions of various nations and ethnic groups of the world.
1. Organisers of the competition
Julian Tuwim Youth Centre in Lodz
CONVIVO Foundation for Promotion and Support of Creativity
2. Aim of the competition
The aim of the competition is to inspire passionate video-makers to create short films based on the topic of folklore, folk culture and traditions of various nations and ethnic groups of the world, as well as the conscious and creative participation in the 8th International Festival of Youth Creativity FOLK INSPIRATIONS.
3. Participants of the competition
The participants of the competition are adults and youth, according to age categories. Individual participants or a festival group, group of reporters take part in the competition.
4. Competition age categories
Category I: ages 12–16,
Category II: ages 17–25,
Category III: over 25.
In case of a group the age of most participants is the key factor.
5. Other organizational conditions:
1) The video is made by an individual participant of the competition, festival group (dance, vocal) or a group of reporters participating in the festival.
2) The competition participant declares that is the author of the work, has copyright to the work submitted for the competition and transfers it to the organisers of the Festival for the purpose of publication and other forms of dissemination.
3) Competition participant transfers copyrights to the organisers free of charge without time and territorial restrictions, in the fields of exploitation referred to in Article 50 of the Polish Law on Copyright and Related Rights of the 4th February 1994, in particular with regard to the publication, recording, reproduction, also by means of digital technology, publication on the organisers’ websites and in all promotional and advertising materials, regardless of the method of reproduction and marketing.
4) The organizer does not send entries back. The works involved in the post-competition exhibition become the organizer’s property.
5) Questions regarding the contest should be directed to the Festival Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Competition works
A. Festival groups-choreography and vocal.
The topic of a short video-film „Let’s folk with us”
1) The dance or vocal group selects one piece of music from its repertoire (up to 4 minutes). Music should be related to the idea of the festival – folk, ethnic, contemporary composition with elements of folk. The song is the soundtrack of the film. The group films a choreography or a vocal piece or a flashmob.
2) Competition presentation (choreography, vocal, flashmob) must be filmed on at least 5 film sets.
3) Places for film sets are selected from the festival places. A film set can be urban space with interesting, well-known historical objects, revitalized, characteristic of the city of Lodz places of culture, as well as the ZALECZE WIELKIE, which will be visited by the participants during the festival.
4) Soundtrack should be one’s own composition. In the case of use of other musical material the participant is required to have the rights to the song used.
5) The video must not exceed 4 minutes should be recorded in a format available on a mobile phone, film camera tablet, etc.
6) The film should be recorded in HD or Full HD (minimum resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels).
7) The film should include the introduction with the title and the name of the group that acts in the film and in the final image it should contain the names of authors of music and text, possible partners etc.
B. Individual participants and groups of reporters:
The topics of a short video-film (1 out of 3 topics to be chosen):
a) Folk courtyards
c) Folk_energy – talent
1) An individual participant or a group of reporters selects one or more events during the festival which will constitute the material for the film.
2) In case of the ZALECZE WIELKIE one should make use of the landscape elements characteristic of the Lodz region.
3) Soundtrack should be one’s own composition. In the case of use of other musical material the participant is required to have the rights to the song used.
4) The video must not exceed 4 minutes should be recorded in a format available on a mobile phone, film camera, tablet, etc.
5) The film should be recorded in HD or Full HD (minimum resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels).
6) The film should include the introduction with the title and in the final image it should contain the names of authors of music and text, possible partners etc.
7. Assessment criteria of VIDEO competition works:
1) Accordance of the films with the topic and aims of the competition within film area.
2) Innovatory approach to the subject of folklore in the city space.
3) Esthetical value.
4) Technical value of the image: framing, sound etc.
Competition works will be assessed by the Jury. Winners will be awarded GOLDEN, SILVER and BRONZE BOATS as well as diplomas and prizes.
8. Registration for the VIDEO competition
1) Participants are required to register at www.folkoweinspiracje.pl by filling in the electronic FESTIVAL REGISTRATION FORM – and choosing 2018 GOLDEN BOAT – VIDEO Competition. Submitting the electronic registration form is equivalent to accepting the rules of the competition and the rules of the Festival. Online registration will be open from the 10th April 2018 until the 10th June 2018 inclusive. After that date registrations will not be accepted.
2) 2018 GOLDEN BOAT – VIDEO Competition is not subject to registration fee. Competition materials will be used for promotional purposes.
9. Submitting VIDEO competition works
Competition works – video films should be delivered on a data storage until 29th June 2018 till 12.00 to the festival office in J. Tuwim youth centre in Lodz, 86 Wyszynskiego street or to the reception of the hostel.
10. Competition results
1) The film screening and the awards ceremony will be held on 30th June 2018, information about the time and place will be available on the website until 15th April 2018.
2) The most interesting works will be presented on www.folkoweinspiracje.pl in FESTIVAL TV. Chosen films will be presented during the gala concert. Organizers decide on the choice of films to be presented on the webpage and during the gala concert.
3) The competition results will be published at www.folkoweinspiracje.pl.