RULES OF THE
2018 GOLDEN BOAT – VOCAL COMPETITION
The 2018 GOLDEN BOAT– VOCAL Competition is organised in the frameworks of the 8th International Festival of Youth Creativity FOLK INSPIRATIONS held in Lodz and ZALECZE WIELKIE from the 23th until the 30th June 2018. It is addressed to young vocalists inspired by folklore, ethnic culture of various nations of the world.
1. Organisers of the competition.
Julian Tuwim Youth Centre in Lodz
CONVIVO Foundation for Promotion and Support of Creativity
2. Aims of the competition.
a) To inspire young vocalists to create traditional and contemporary stage presentations based on folklore and traditions of various nations and ethnic groups of the world.
b) To encourage creative involvement of participants in festival activities.
3. Participants of the competition.
The participants of the competition are children, youth and adults, according to age categories.
4. Age categories and types of the competition.
1) individual vocal / vocal-instrumental
Category I: ages 7–11, category II: ages 12–16 lat, category III: ages 17–26
2) group vocal / vocal-instrumental
Category I: ages 7–11, category II: ages 12–16, category III: ages 17–26
5. Competition presentations.
1) Individual and group vocal presentations– both in text and music – should refer to folklore or be inspired by folklore, ethnic culture or folk traditions of any nations. A short description of the presentation, with reference to the aims and topic of the competition, should be given in the 2018 GOLDEN BOAT – VOCAL COMPETITION – REGISTRATION FORM.
2) Each soloist / group prepares and performs 1 song lasting max. 4 minutes. Repertoire given in the REGISTRATION FORM is not subject to change.
3) Soloist / vocal group may be accompanied by a dance group, choir or accompanying group.
4) Music files in WAVE or MP3 format need to be handed to the acoustician on the day of competition audition prior to the presentation on a CD (labelled) or a flash disc. The CD should be labelled with the name of soloist / group and title of the song in national language (Latin transcription) and in English.
5) The vocal group is classified to a given age category based on the ages of the majority of the members. This condition does not apply to the accompanying choir, dance group which may include adults. Participants are obliged to have with them valid student identity cards or other identity documents.
6. Presentation assessment.
1) Presentations will be assessed on 27th June 2018 by the jury and will take place on the stage of “DOM” Theatre in Lodz, Piotrkowska 243 street.
2) The vocal presentation will be assessed by the Jury according to the following criteria:
Selection of repertoire, adjusted to the topic and rules of the competition, the age and the abilities of the vocalist
General artistic expression
3) The winners will be awarded GOLDEN, SILVER and BRONZE BOATS, prizes and diplomas.
4) Vocalists will be assessed by the jury.
5) The sequence of the presentations will be known until 18th June 2018. This information will be available on our webpage-www.folkoweinpiracje.pl.
7. Other provisions of the competition.
1) The chosen winners of the competition will take part in the final gala concert following the information from the organisers. The organiser will inform the winners about the participation in the concert and its place and will determine the details. The gala concert rehearsal is just a technical one (stage setup, entry and exit, technical conditions).
2) The participants are required to have all due rights to the presented program (text, music, choreography). Registration for the competition is equivalent to a declaration that the presentation does not infringe the copyrights of third parties.
3) The organisers reserve the right to: merge competition categories depending on the number of registrations, make changes to the schedule of competition auditions, settle the issues not covered by these rules and have the last word with regard to interpretation of these competition rules.
4) The organisers reserve the right to free exploitation of competition presentations for the purpose of promotion in mass media and festival materials.
5) All questions concerning the competition should be addressed to the festival office: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Registration for the competition.
1) The competition participant is required to register at www.folkoweinspiracje.pl by filling in the electronic FESTIVAL REGISTRATION FORM and choosing 2018 GOLDEN BOAT – VOCAL COMPETITION – REGISTRATION FORM. Submitting the electronic registration form is equivalent to accepting the rules of the competition and the rules of the festival. Online registration will be open from the 10th April 2018 until the 10th June 2018 inclusive. After that date registrations will not be accepted.
2) The participants are required to pay the competition fee of 30 PLN (7 EUR) for a soloist and 150 PLN (35 EUR) for a group. Payment should be done to the bank account of FUNDACJA PROMOCJI I WSPIERANIA TWORCZOSCI CONVIVO, address: 90-106 Lodz, Traugutta 5/5, account no Bank BZWBK 79 1090 2705 0000 0001 1024 6980. The transfer should specify the name of the participant / group. The payment may also be done in the Festival Office during the festival.